Monday, January 27, 2020




Who do you think you are?

 Hello my name is Diana and my consumption of social media is that it is more of a place that has become a third party of businesses. Back in the day the media such as Facebook and Instagram was used to communicate with other people you knew who you really don't see often but now it is a place were you can connect with investors, people to sell your pitches to and other things as well. my biggest consumption is Instagram is the only source of media influence i have but even though it is not a place where one can communicate with the people they care for the media has provided me with useful information of global climate, the election, politics, and what is going on in today society. it provides young people with a different approach to be intrigued. There is a specific account that I follow on Instagram and its called @nowthispolitics and this a page that shows me and teaches me about new things between politics, women fighting for equality, black lives matter movement and the 2020 candidate elections.

The media does reach people in showing many ways of activists coming together to fight for something. Greta Thunberg is a young woman who is fighting for the climate control change. She is all over the media discussing how and why we should change the thing we are doing because of the effect it is having on our planet. She has been seen on all social medias and many people are touched and moved by her activism.

How this makes me feel is like I am part of the community. I want to know the changes and the difficult situations our world or country are going through and since I am the type of person who does not watch television and when i am on Instagram I can really see what is happening in the world because it is like a whole another gate opened to let me see what is happening. I first learned about Greta Thunberg through Instagram because she was reposted a lot and when that happens you usually show up a persons feed and ever since than I am always trying to be part of the community.

The events that a mass media displays may be bad or good but at the end of the day it is a place that keeps everyone connected. Everyone is connected and so I feel like the media is somewhat of a good influence if we see it as a place where we can see activism happen that day or the day before. It is a good thing that we have this especially for young viewers such as myself who do not watch the news or the televison. The app has many ways to see what is happening in the commuinty.

Image result for greta thunberg climate strike

No comments:

Post a Comment