Friday, January 31, 2020

Katia Cueto Assignment #1



     My name is Katia. No one has ever asked me who do I think I am. I know I’m someone that want to be someone in life. Create a legacy and achieve many things. I am a person who cares for others, who wants justice and world peace. I strive to do my best at everything I set my mind to. Social media to me is an open door to many different diversities that can help you in the future. I used social media to connect with my family and friends. I use social media to connect with customer as part of my current job which helps me interact with many different people. My instagram and Facebook is use it mostly to connect to people and share positive quotes which can help someone later in life. Influencers use their social platform as a form of networking with millions of people.social media has become a platform where people can make a difference with a simple hashtag.

As time progresses so does technology and the way people express themselves.Social Media gives a voice to the people who don’t have one. Online communities build social movements establishing the connection of persons worldwide to develop a base and gain awareness to the cause. With access to the internet and the fast-growing world-wide web. Online social movements brought awareness to issues both political and social which have been criticized by most but with just a simple hashtag, someone can make a difference. Many activists use social media to bring awareness to what they are expressing their concerns on for example the “Me Too” movement which is a movement against sexual assault. The global #MeToo movement has sparked significant social, cultural, and legal change, but many challenges remain.The hashtag has exploded social media, creating a public debate, shifting social norms, and concrete changes in laws and policies.

https://youtu.be/izmQE_0Y09I


Image result for me too movement"

No comments:

Post a Comment