Saturday, January 25, 2020

Who are you in relation to social media?

My name is Joshua and I would say I have a minuscule footprint on all social media platforms and there is a reason for it. at first, I thought I wasn't good at it out of all of my peers I wouldn't have as close to as many followers as them and likes on top of that, the engagement for my viewers would be little to none. However, as I began to grow older I realized something was off with our society and it's only going to get worst. For example, the first reason for social media was to connect with people that you know that may be distant and to keep up with their life than it evolved and changed when people made it a popularity contest to see how many people they would have on their social media platforms and that was a race I was losing. Now its become a place where you can market a business, find a job and is your identity. To the point where jobs now look at your social media as if it's attached to your resume ad that is a world where I don't fit. Now I know there are pros and cons to social media and I'm attempting to only use it for the pros but sometimes the cons outweigh it. That's me in and social medial in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment