Sunday, January 26, 2020

My name is Luis Candelaria and to be honest, I'm not really into getting into the debt of mass media, politics and the press among others. I'm not even sure if I even understand the concept of most of them. Critiquing however, that would depend on the source of media. Most of my critiques are generally based on selective entertainment media that I enjoy such as television shows or specific people who were involved in the animation and music industry. Usually I post them on an infrequent basis but I never consider myself to be a conissouer of judging others. I just give out my honest opinion.

Most social media that I've used are specifically made for my artistic endeavors in terms of getting critiques on my work, sharing my ideas and even speaking to some professionals whom share their wisdom with me. But as years go by, social media has been very beneficial to me. I was able to find some minimal employment as a result. By sharing my resume and portfolio, I was able to get several freelance gigs which helped me on the long run. I'm currently working on two tests for two very known YouTube channels and I'm thankful that it was a result of social media that allowed me to do so. I have received the occassional backlash and unfair judgement but as they always say, "there's no good without the bad".

https://twitter.com/animationguild/status/885264625851301888

Some of the ways that activists and acts of resistance are portrayed vary from media. Usually typical news based sites just immediately explain what the activists are fighting for. There isn't necessarily a judgmental opinion as it's mostly to inform others, unless quotes from people who are interviewed about it are included. Frequent social medias such as Twitter and Facebook have more creative liberties to comment on the situations, which could lead to unpredictable and even dangerous results. Some people may be support of said righteous acts, and others may have a strong dislike. Some would even resort to commit to several indications of harassment such as trolling and campaigning others against them.

To be honest, I think that media being able to cover activists should be handled in a delicate and respectable approach. Mostly because one wrong move and it could lead to accusations and smears against others. I also believe that the activists and people who are involved in righteous acts should also give their consent to allow it to be revealed in the public. It would help build a better relationship between the media and the subjects, so there wouldn't be any inside controversy.

No comments:

Post a Comment