Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Luis Pacheco First Assignment.


Hello, my name is Luis Pacheco, I believe that I do have a big role in social media consumption. I do many things on social media. For example, I watch mostly every movie, show or documentary on my phone using, Netflix, Hulu, and even sometimes Facebook. I could say that I am a little bit of social media addict because I could not get off it. I do not just use social media to browse, I also use it to speak to my family members who are not close to me or in another country. I remember when life was social media less and people were able to have more face to face conversations, and kids were spending more time at playgrounds, now kids at two years of age know how to manage an iPhone which is speechless. This has also become very powerful not only on children but in teenagers and adults.
I am a big role in social media consumption, I am all about social media. From the moment I wake up until I go to sleep, I am stuck to social media, which is bad. I feel like I am on social media for the worst of it because, I don't ever watch the news, anything that is related to politics or even informative aspects. I am more on social media for the fun of it. Also, because I want to start my own project of the start of my modelling career. I also use social media to post my achievements well, more to brag about it a little, just so I would feel good.
There are many ways that media covers activists, acts of resistance and protest. There are many ways that media covers activists, acts of resistance and protest. I believe social media does have a lot to do with politics, I personally do not get involved with it because it is not my cup of tea. I prefer more entertainment and a little gossip. Just because I do not follow up on politics that usually, it does not mean that I am completely clueless on what's going on in the world. Activist a person who campaigns to bring about political or social change, I believe many people rather explode about their opinions as a group rather than alone because they want to be heard and I believe that they will be heard if they do protest or come together. For example, #metoo movement, which is a social media movement that began to spread virally in October 2017 as a hashtag on social media to demonstrate the widespread prevalence of sexual assault and harassment, especially in the workplace. It followed sexual-abuse allegations against Harvey Weinstein.
I believe that the media does help activist, act of resistance and protest. Thanks to social media, social media consumers can join groups that believe in the same thing they believe in or are protesting for. These people could gather up or even talk about it through social media. If they come together as a group or a movement like the #metoo movement, they will be heard like this movement did and it's very successful. I feel like media can be a good and bad relationship to activist or act of resistance. I believe this way because there are other people who like to bring others with their comments or just by giving their opinion or how they feel about the situation. For example, I am part of the #LGBTQ community. I know there are people that do not accept this community, there's nothing I could do because that's their opinion and there are plenty of different points of view. Unless there are very negative comments that would harm other, I would not say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment