Wednesday, January 29, 2020



Antonia Cerda
Professor Cacoilo 
Act of Resistance 
29 January 2020 










When it comes down to social media, I can honestly agree that I am always on it from Facebook , Instagram ,twitter and just being on my phone in general . sometimes I just cant put it down or stop being on  my phone I look at Social Media as somewhat of a entertainment outlet for when I have down time or when I just want to be nosey. But sometimes a feeling comes over me as if as if all the social apps I use daily have me held captive , to the point that once I move away from it for just a few seconds its like I missed something. but my main purpose of being on these social apps is to  show the world my creativity, helps  me  Increase my  self-confidence also  I can empower others  to express their ideas, talent and I can also get that feedback and support from others around the world. Social media can also have that  ability to create lifelong friendships.



   One thing I can honestly say is that social media is the number source for individuals to express who they are, stand for. that is when a voice is created. in this day and age we are being more attacked in what we have the right to do  Freedom  of speak . but with social media we get much more educated on different world issues, we come across different groups for example "Black Lives Matter" the empowerment of that movement making a difference in the African American Community was through Social media. they had multiple page /Groups that had petitions, meetings and issues that everyone can keep up with. Black Lives Matter Arts and Culture expands and explores this moment in art culture that is reflective of the 1960s and 1970s when the Civil Rights, Black Power, and Women’s Rights Movements, and efforts to diversify art institutions, dominated the discourse.https://blacklivesmatter.com/arts-culture/

No comments:

Post a Comment