Monday, January 27, 2020

First Assignment


Hello, my name is Ivana Lakata. I believe that I don’t really have a big role in media consumption.  The only things that I do on media is watch Netflix and go on Facebook or Snapchat. I am not a huge fan of being on my phone all the time. Of course, I must be on some social media because I have my family in Slovakia and Facebook is the only way I connect with them.  There are many social “apps” that I heard of but it’s not for me. I don’t like many of the social media apps because I believe that those apps change the mind of the person. Many people share their personal experiences on social media then ask why everyone is in their business. I believe that social media has become a very influential part of our lives, especially teenagers. I don’t have a big role in media consumption because I rather have a face to face conversation then being on my phone texting or calling. Today, I see that social media has affected the human interaction that every individual need. Social media made us want to take pictures of our clothes, food, or even any celebration.

As mention before I don’t really have a big role in media consumption or media making. Whenever I see something on Facebook that I agree with or sometimes disagree with I do comment on it. Some people post about politics, but I stay away from that. I don’t participate in politics conversation because I don’t really understand it. Just because I know two or three things doesn’t make me want to start a war. I do believe that politics are important and that everyone should have the right to choose their candidate, but I don’t interfere because everyone has their own beliefs and opinions. I don’t critique their opinions or makes them feel worthless because that is not me. I see many posts about politics and people will argue until it becomes a total disaster.  In addition, I do share pictures on Facebook and on my snap chat story. I do so because as said before I have my family in Slovakia. I also share some picture of my accomplishments.  For example, last semester I made the Dean’s list, so I did post it on my story on Facebook because I was proud of myself and so was my family. I share funny videos or images on Facebook to entertain myself and so as my friends and family.
There are many ways that media covers activists, acts of resistance and protest. There are slogans all over social media that agree or disagree with out President of this country. Everyone has the right to feel a certain way about him. People that disagree with his politics can all protest together. I believe when people stand united it makes their statements more influential.  People are activist when they don’t wait until other come together and fight for what is right. Activist are the leaders that make a point of something that is important to them. For example, Greta which is only 15 years old took a stand to fight about what she believes is right. Because of her there are a lot of people talking about her cause. As you can see the link I posted, people are joining Greta to protest.

I believe that media does help activist, act of resistance and protest. Because of social media people can join groups that believe in the same thing. They can talk about it or even have a meeting. When they join for what they believe their message would be taken more seriously. I feel like media can be a good and bad relationship to activist or act of resistance. I say so because people that disagree can and will put the other down. I see it on Facebook. People get so upset that they start bringing personal experiences or even stop beings’ friends with each other. I do believe that media can be a positive relationship to activist and protesting if the people aren’t hurting others to send the message.  


             

No comments:

Post a Comment