Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Assignment #1

Adama Samura 
Professor Cacoilo 
Act of Resistance 
28 January 2020 
Mini Blog 

I believe that I do have a HUGE role in social media consumption. I spend most of my time on Instagram but if I'm not on Instagram you'll most likely see me spend time on Twitter a lot or switching between the two. Other times I'm streaming videos on YouTube or watching Netflix/Hulu. I can say for the most part I have a social media addict, like I can go on for a few hours but not a whole day. Which is bad because it's like you'll never not see me on my phone scrolling down my feed or watching a video. The media just keeps me entertained and getting information about things going on in the world.  
Image result for social media addiction"
Thou my consumption of social media turned into an addiction, for the most part I use my media to post my videos. I make videos of random cool videos of my friends of us making memories. Which I feel like it makes others be inspired to go out and just have fun rather than be on their phones. Don’t get me wrong I do spend much time on my phone, but when I’m posting videos on my Instagram stories (not 500 videos in one storyI try to capture the cool places my friends and I go and what we make out of it 
I think the way social media covers activists, act of resistance, and protests for the most part fairly.  They do a good job letting it be known that we are trying to have our voices heard in a peaceful way. Sometimes we are attacked and belittled as being aggressive when it’s nothing but peace.  Things like the “Black Live Matter” movement was something that African American millennials had made big on social media.  After the murder of 17 year old Trayvon Martin, the African American people started seeing how the Justice System was not really protecting us. An unarmed child who was minding his business was killed by a man who had no right to follow him. https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/black-lives
Social media helps these movements and activists in a major way. These bond people together who feel the same but can’t make it to the actual protest. It's like a protest online, which helps even more because you see how many people all over the world feel the same way or they are dealing with that same issue across the world. Sometimes social media can have a negative affect when people start making ignorant regards towards protestors and some news outlets giving them platforms for their negative remarks to be heard. 








No comments:

Post a Comment