Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Final Project

Guerline Octavius

Professor: Doris Cacoilo

Course: Acts of Resistance

Date: April 28, 2020

Final Poster Project-"Depression Free Is Where You Need to Be"

                                                                         Full Proposal
  My final topic proposal is about "Depression." I had chosen this topic to make into a project because I had been through depression in my life before. Everyone deals with depression every day in their life. It is a mental health disorder that can mentally and physically affect or destroy an individual. We as humans need to pay attention to the little or sneakiest causes of depression to prevent us from being so stressed out. This is why I decided to create two separate posters of depression. One poster will contain the main causes of depression along with the artist-activists. Another will be about the 9 sneaky causes of depression. Depression is not a disorder you can get rid of easily just like that, it is a disorder that takes time to heal. For example, when a person has a headache, he or she just take a pill and it goes away. However, when something you have deeply affected you, he or she can't just take a pill to make it go away automatically. Therefore, I will also create a twitter account to reach my audiences. I will share with my audiences when I was at a stage in my life facing depression from my brother passing. It was the most devastating moment in my life and I will never forget. My brother had passed away at a young age, but now he in place, where I know he is safe. Furthermore, with my twitter account, I hope to get my audience to express what's going on in their life or at least to see what creativity I made for them. My message is not to go through depression alone, knowing you need help because without my family I would not know where I would be right now. This fits into my portfolio career because it falls into my major, which is sociology. With my major, it talks about social problems, and depression is definitely a huge social problem. This project helps solve a person-way about dealing with depression and keep cautious. Depression is like a poison that can rotten our whole environment and we must change that. By changing and developing ways to make all individuals heal from the poison can bring back our environment to life. The main key in life is how you live it. In order to live it, you have to be living. So from now on, no more deaths, no more sorrows, and no more giving up. It is time to get the help you need, to make a change, and build.

5 Artist Activists
                                                                Frida Kahlo         
                                                                                                             Jacob Lawrence

Yoko Ono















                             Henri De Toulouse-Lautrec
Jane Avril                             
             














Resources



Twitter Account-https://twitter.com/Gdynasty24
Side Note: I wish I could show you my tweet activity, but it's not showing me them. I apologize for that, but you can go on my Instagram account. 😁


No comments:

Post a Comment