Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Final Project

Stefano Holguin
Activism
4/22/20
The Aftermath of A Pandemic
The topic of that is in everyone’s mouth at one point or another throughout day at the moment, is about the ongoing pandemic; COVID-19. I thought that this would be the best project to present right now as it is affecting a lot of things that people do every day. However, I did not want to focus on what is going on right now but rather what I feel can happen in the future. As, obviously I cannot tell the future I used the knowledge that I had plus the research that I did, to give my thoughts and insights into what I believe could be affected in the aftermath of this pandemic. I did this in the form of a podcast.

A lot of people today, including myself, do not like to necessarily read all that is put out on trade journals, articles, etc. I prefer to watch videos as that is the way that I consume media the most. Video Podcasts for the better part of a decade, have been a main part of my day. Whether its movie news podcasts such as “The John Campea Show”,(who taught me how to transition from topic and ask the questions that needed to be asked in order to have a better understanding on each topic) or commentary podcasts such as the, “The Joe Rogan Experience”, (who taught me to just sit down and have an honest and open conversations on things that are going on in the world) have influenced the way that I consume media, and has inspired me to do a podcast on this topic. Podcasts have developed into more than just a form of audio to listen to go about your day, but it has also become a sort of art form. Comedic podcasts transcend old media into new media, as comedy is a form of art and by making that comedy more accessible in the form of a podcast, the art is appreciated more often. Apart from the inspirations that led me to making this podcast, the thoughts that have been running through my head for the better part of a month allowed me to make the decision to best express my feelings and thoughts on this subject through this medium.

The topics that I touch on in this podcast are as follows: Healthcare, Economy, Daily Lives, and the Entertainment Industry. I chose to bring on 3 of my closest friends who I felt can best articulate their thoughts and opinions on each topic, but that can also inform the audience by experiences that they are going through themselves. I am media major and my goal is to become a movie director, and what I have always thought and believed are the best films, are the ones that allow you to connect and be able to put yourself in that persons shoes and feel and understand what the message is that they are trying to convey. This was my goal and my attempt at doing with this podcast. When watching or listening to podcasts, I always enjoyed the ones that allowed me to think about the subject while not being bombarded with either information that I did not understand, but also allowing me to make my own opinions by being shown a certain amount of information that I could relate to.

In the end, my goal was to make the podcast as relatable as possible by allowing to people feel connected with the people behind the camera, but also being able to teach people more than they already know. I believe that by creating this podcast, it helps and adds to my current portfolio as this is a way of content creating, and allows for myself to breakout of my comfort zone and appear in front of the camera and become more versatile in my craft not only behind the scenes but in front. I am not going to sit here and pretend like I was an expert at the topics that I was addressing but I tried to interpret in a way, that made me not look like a fool in topics that I had no knowledge of. I believe that by making this conscious decision and putting more emphasis on the opinions and experiences that us the makers of this podcast, it would reach a wider audience other than just the people in the confines of this class.

Rough Cut:



10 Sources of Information/Research:

5 Artists who inspired the Project:

John Campea
Changes Coming To The John Campea Show - Viewer Update - YouTube
John's ability to speak about a topic and be able to not only give his opinions but also give out facts helped in the inception of this project.

Joe Rogan
Joe Rogan Podcast – Free-Speech Zone | National Review
Joe Rogans podcast in general allowed me to learn about how to comfortably be able to hold a conversation in what is about an hour podcast.

Christopher Nolan
Christopher Nolan filmography - Wikipedia
Christopher Nolan other than inspiring me by the films that he makes, his care an activism in being able to convince people to help out the movie theater industry, inspired me to give my thoughts on this topic.

David Dobrik
VIEWS with David Dobrik and Jason Nash | Podcast on Spotify
David Dobrik and Jason Nash, are too comedians that helped inspire me, in the sense that they are the prime examples of transitioning from old media into new media, with their comedic podcasts.

Edgar Wright
Edgar Wright's Advice on How to Save Movie Theaters Shut Down ...
Edgar Wright has also being inspiration to me creatively, but also his ideas of how to help movie theaters make a comeback, drove my opinions on the matter in a certain direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment