Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Police Brutality/ FINAL PORJECT




Jose Vargas


Professor Cacoilo


Acts of resistance


April 21, 2020
                                                               
              

      

                    Today I was fighting two ideas on my head. First, I wanted to make a video, but then I thought about how that video will reach the audience I want to reach. My topic is police brutality and for more than I want to fit that all in a video I cannot, there is much more to that. I decided to create an Instagram profile (social media). I also will upload the video to my profile because, I want my audience to expand. People will get the information I want to deliver through social media. This idea was inspired because of that pandemic that is still killing many people out there. In my Instagram profile will be all the information about the victims, and movements. I will also try to contact other pages bigger than mine, to join forces. The video that I will make represents the roots of police brutality and the injustices there has been. With this video I think I can motivate people to go into my profile and tread more about this topic. I am willing to put all efforts into this project, and with this, I think I am going to be more committed to my profession.
                I chose police brutality because this has been happening for years now and it must stop. Yes, my major is criminal justice. However, I think that if I want to be in the system . I must recognize everything that is wrong with it. My social media page offers a solution to all this. My personal aspiration is to become an agent, but that does not mean that I do not have a hunger for justice. There are a lot of injustices out there and this is one of them, and I am willing to put my aspirations aside to recognize injustice. I have been inspired by many people who are in the criminal justice system, and still have shown the truth about what we are living day today. Also, by many artists that through their Art express, the injustice and all negative things happening in the world . personally, I think that this project will make me a better person because I will be inspired people, that have a saying on this, and never stood up.

                My Instagram page is going to consist of pointing out the solutions, to stop this from happening. what are the procedures police must take? How police officers are protected? There is also in my profile the Miranda rights, which is the rights of every citizen. Those rights on these types of occasions are not follow because the cop was following protocol. That’s where my video fits, to point out the procedures that have to be taken, and how the police have failed to do that. I want my page to reach people that are hungry for a change and want to make a change the right way. I believe that I can reach a large audience, I have received comments for my family and friends telling me to make this bigger. I have high hopes for this project.



    

My page on instagram: @pbr_policebrutalityisrea1


here's the link to the video; https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_TQq0Zp260/


Link: https://www.instagram.com/pbr_policebrutalityisrea1/


Everybody can always text me in chat, I’ll give my best response!



Quotes


"Bringing the politics of difference where it is needed most.” by Nate Thompson 


"The number of blacks at an art opening is about the same as at one of your garden parties" Guerrilla girls-unknown


"Even Without discrimination, it is very hard to succeed as an artist"



Bryan Stevenson is an activist, writer, lawyer, and the founder of EJI. The EJI has help correct injustices, like putting kids in death row. He wrote a book, that explained how was and how it is now police brutality. He also helped a man that was unfairly accused of murder get out of death row. He has spoken in many documentaries and recognize what is wrong with the criminal justice system.





 Carrie Mae Weems is an American artist and photographer. She creates installations that combine photography, audio, and text to examine many facets of contemporary American life. She has done work on police brutality. The way she does her art, illustrates all the paint that the victims went through. She has inspired me through her paintings, and art is beautiful. I want to exhibit this artists work through my project.


Dread Scott is an artist that does revolutionary art. He is with the black lives matter movement, where he also exposes how cruel is police brutality. 






Meek mill is an American rapper who started an organization, explaining the rights of the people. He has been in many arrests and in many abuses. He inspired me because he never gave up, no matter how deep in problems he was. 

here is his Org  page below!

link:https://meekmill.com/


Nick Yarris: he is an American writer who experienced an unpleasant encounter with a police officer. He ends up going to prison for 22 years. Yarris did a documentary about his arrest and his life in jail. He inspired me to do this project because he never stops giving up until he had justice. This motivates me because, the whole idea of these project is to stand up at what is wrong. 



The video(YouTube)




Here are my refences (this is all in the video)

  • https://www.app.college.police.uk/app-content/investigations/working-with-suspects/
  •   https://meekmill.com/
  • hhttps://www.huffpost.com/entry/3-powerful-ways-to-gain-control-of-any-situation_b_6822852ttps://nickyarris.org/











No comments:

Post a Comment