Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Self Portrait

My portrait is not yet complete and that is something I would like to emphasize until I finish it completely but will speak about what I have so far and what will be added. With the piece there is a box containing my different faces. We all go through many different face as we grow and go through changes from our experience. Outside of the box is currently empty but right now my faces are what is closed off and kept away from the contents to be added. The only thing in this thin box of string is myself and the contents to be added outside will be cultural items. This is because of the seperation I feel from my both my backgrounds. I feel a disconnect with others in America and also in Sicily as they have a mentality of he is “he is one of the Americans”.

(Again I would like to emphasize it is not yet complete the items on the outside will be added)

No comments:

Post a Comment