Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Ibou’s painting 

Firstly I never explored the fact that NJCU had an art gallery, but when I first stepped foot into the door , immediately as I looked around and seen all those bright colors with the African print pattern I just fell deeply in love and it brought back the memories of visiting my Grandfather in Ghana. I felt like I had an in rooted connection as if I was back home. During the show case as Ibou talked about the inspirations of his art work, I’ve noticed that all his painting shared stories of help, sharing and family. The pictures that u see in my post can symbolize what me and my family represents. We have done a potlucks with money .each moth a house hold will receive six hundred dollars .due to the fact that each household has to contribute one hundred dollars towards the pot.

   I personally can sit there all day and look at those paintings ,I’ve never been into art but I can guarantee that Ibous work will defiantly get me into the art scene especial of the African Descent, I must admit that while Ibou was talking and sharing about his paintings I drifted off into my own world, and story . I felt so at peace, calm and happy. I stayed behind after class was over and introduced myself. I then went ask on my own another time with my sister so that due can see and feel what I seen and felt.
Self Portrait



even though this isn't my work but this painitnh  justify who I am as an individual. im filled with life, I feed off positive energy,




No comments:

Post a Comment