Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Guerline Octavius

Course: Acts of Resistance

Professor: Doris Cacoilo

Date: March 4, 2020

Portrait 
Summary: This picture illustrates a prisoner being trapped because you can clearly see has chains around his wrist. I have gotten this picture from Francisco Goya, but I added my own mix to it, so I can connect it with Ibou paintings and from my final semester project, which is about depression. In each of  Ibou paintings I seen patterns and multi colors, so I decided for background to make a pattern of tear drops and a rainbow with different colors. Also, this image connects to depression because the prisoner is sad and when he feels trap. The feeling of being trapped build up so much anxiety and the with tears dripping down his face I continued with it in background of huge tears drops because his pain of being trapped still continually affected him.

No comments:

Post a Comment