Monday, March 2, 2020

Ryan Urban Gallery Response

Going to the two galleries that we had visited on the campus were pretty cool. I honestly before i had went with this class had never known that there was even any of these galleries on this campus.


IBOU's gallery was very interesting to me as i liked hearing him speak to the class about how he came about being an artist and how he had come a long way since his beginning of his art career. He also has a meaning behind all of the paintings that are on display in his gallery. he was very nice to meet and i was shocked to see some of the talent that we have on the campus here at NJCU. i have since gone to see how much different things we have here on campus at NJCU.


The second gallery that we had attended when i first got to it i had at first thought that it was kind of different to see that there is a gallery that is made of all hair. But after coming from this gallery i had learned that from all that we had seen in that gallery is you can make art with just about anything you would like. i like that when you first walk in there is a big ball of  hair you can see from the hallway. this to me kinda drew me in and made me want to see even more about the gallery. Once you are in the gallery, the very long dread lock that hangs from the ceiling and is in the middle of the floor then grabs your attention even more. these two alone had made me very interested in the gallery and made me want to know more and more about it.  this artist in this case had decided to make art out of hair and the artist had multiple pieces of art to show that was all made out of hair and papers that he had made. when i attended this gallery i really thought it was one of a kind. when we were in the room i decided that i would take a few pictures of the art work on my phone and i had took the pictures home to show my family. i had showed my family and they basically had the same response. they thought it was different that this is all creative artwork and i had shared my thoughts on it about how i was impressed that its true that you can make just about anything out of art.

While looking at the two different galleries, i had spoken to some of my classmates during some presentations. Many of the classmates are in the same boat as me and didnt quite know about these galleries. Some of us had shared the same thoughts and some of us had different. Manty of us came to conclusion that in the hair gallery the very long dreadlock that was hanging from the wall and on the middle of the floor was impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment