Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Luis Candelaria
Acts of Resistance
16 February 2020

“Appearance Discrimination”
The topic that I choose for the project is appearance discrimination because our society is still suffering from prejudice judgement based on how someone looks. As a heavy-set male with a swollen leg as I have been diagnosed with lymphedema for 2-3 years, I was ridiculed for my looks and my leg in general. My leg has been a setback on some stepping stones physically, but it affected me mentally for years as a result of being picked on. My initiative goal is to create a series of posters depicting ridicule, upbringings to get past them and open advice. I wish to spread my experiences of being teased and judged in said media, and want to showcase any potential advice for people who are suffering on the same boat. My artistic craving to express these feelings visually will not only share the message across, but it will also serve as an outlet for me to release all of the bottled emotions I had from those horrid experiences. Others who see the work might even get inspiration to create self-relieving work themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment